Saturday, February 9, 2008

The beginning

Hello

My name's Kay and I'm currently studying Business Administration at University of Southern California. In this blog I want to incorporate what I learned from USC (regarding business related topics, such as marketing) and my lifelong hobby of gaming. Specifically, I want to take a look at how games have evolved from the days of Nintendo to the world of Guitar Hero, World of Warcraft and Nintendo Wii that we see today.

Some of the subtopics that will pop up would include things like emerging online gaming lingo, social networks that have sprouted out, how game developers market, how console game trends are constantly changing, etc.

However, my blog will probably end up scrutinizing Blizzard & its games (Starcraft, Diablo and most significantly, World of Warcraft, which I will start referring to as WoW) in the weeks to come--I'll incorporate my personal experiences and then-emerging gaming trends

Wikipedia has a nice summary of WoW:

World of Warcraft by Wikipedia

I would just like to exit with a fanart of WoW to give flavor of the game...

Photobucket

No comments: